Zippo lighter Fluid will keep your Zippo windproof lighter and Zippo refillable hand warmer working at its best. Zippo lighter fuel comes in a 4 oz. can.
- 4 oz. can of lighter fuel
- Fast Ignition; Low odor
- Clean burning
- Made in USA
Recommended for optimum performance of Zippo windproof lighters and refillable hand warmers
Note: This product is for all Zippo windproof lighters. It is not for use with the Multi Purpose Lighter, Flex Neck, Candle Lighter or Outdoor Utility Lighter.
Filling A Zippo Lighter
Your windproof lighter is engineered to work best with Zippo Premium Lighter Fluid and flints. Now, let’s go over how to fill or refill your lighter. Zippo Lighter Fluid will evaporate even when the lighter is not used, so be sure to always keep the lid closed and it’s a good idea to refuel before each outing.
Take caution to do the following away from any source of fire or flame.
To fill your lighter:
- Remove the inside unit from the case.
- Turn it over and lift the felt pad to reveal the packing material in the fuel chamber.
Hint: Use an unfolded paper clip or similar tool if the pad is hard to lift.
- Slowly saturate the packing material with lighter fluid. Stop filling when the fluid reaches the top of the packing or begins to change color.
Tip: Do not overfill. If overfilled, the lighter will leak fuel. Avoid getting the fluid on your skin, as it is a skin irritant. If contact with the skin does occur, wash the affected areas promptly with mild soap and water.
- Insert the inside unit back into the case, making sure to wipe an excess fluid from the lighter and your hands before igniting the lighter. If there is any fuel on the lighter simply wipe it off or wait a short time for it to evaporate. Be sure the fuel can is closed and there is no spilled fuel in the vicinity before igniting – this is a flammable fluid.
Hint: If you plan to keep the lighter in your pocket, we suggest placing it “bottom down”.
- Using your thumb, strike the flint wheel in a downward motion to create a spark. If a flame does not appear, repeat.
- Once a flame has appeared and you are finished using it, close the lid to extinguish. This lighter does not self-extinguish so you must close the lid.
Warning: Depending on the duration of use, be careful as the lighter may be hot to touch.
Zippo Lighters are great for engraving and can be personalized either by hand engraving or with computer engraving equipment.
Contact us for bulk purchasing requirements.